FRUA has been in existence supporting adoptive families since 1994. They offer both a family membership and a new youth membership for young adults who have been adopted from an Eastern European country. Membership includes:
- Parent-to-parent support: Ten regional communities and the FRUA private, on-line community offering online minute-to-minute family support, as well as many parent organized districts offering local community;
- www.frua.org, their national website and private FRUA Member Center contain a wealth of resource information regarding heritage, child-raising challenges, medical issues, dealing with the school environment and many, many other topics;
- A subscription to FRUA’s award-winning periodic journal, The Family Focus;
- Free-to-members educational programming, including FRUA webinars, and the FRUA Members Resource Directory;
- The FRUA Scholarship program: Offering the only scholarships in the world for children adopted from the 32 former Soviet bloc countries;
- Representation in FRUA’s orphan support program work in birth countries; and
- Representation in FRUA’s awareness work with birth country embassies and policy-making groups.
If you are interested in learning more, please visit their website at www.FRUA.org.