Adoption Associates provides comprehensive adoption services
to adoptive families and birth mothers who are already linked.
- Are you looking for a Michigan adoption agency to assist you with adoption services and legal paperwork?
- Do you have a specific couple already in mind that you want to have adopt your baby?
- Are you already caring for a child that you now wish to adopt?
Adoption Associates is here to help!
Adoption is SO MUCH MORE than just a legal process! Expectant parents, adoptive parents, adopted babies and children can be expertly, fully and uniquely cared for by a LOCAL, reputable, experienced, and licensed agency. We provide adoption services in Michigan to meet EVERYONE’S needs. Adoption Associates has an in-depth understanding of Michigan law and adoption requirements. Staff members are available 24/7 for immediate help and services. We have four locations across the State of Michigan, and have built strong relationships with referral sources, hospitals, and courts to help provide excellent service to clients in any area of the state.
- Adoption Associates has specialized in facilitating adoptions in Michigan for over 30 years.
- We are the leading private adoption agency in the state of Michigan.
- Clients are locally and personally cared for by their very own caseworker.
- We guide you through every step and detail of the adoption process.
- Expectant parent needs are personally attended to, including counseling, financial support, transportation, and medical care.
- Fees for adoptive couples are reasonable, transparent, and predictable.
- We can handle the legal work; most agency adoptions do not require an attorney.
- Experienced caseworkers are with you each step of the way as details are worked out between expectant parents and adoptive parents.
- We offer ongoing support and encouragement for all clients, even well after the adoptive placement.
- The type of adoption that is unique to your desire and needs is expertly facilitated.
Advantages for Adoptive Parents in Working with an Agency
- Our infant adoption program opened in 1990, and since that time we’ve been helping pregnant women who are planning adoption find permanent families for their unborn children.
- We’ve assisted with thousands of adoptions of infants right here in the United States, and we can help you if you’ve already identified and established a relationship with an expectant parent.
- Many expectant parents are interested in developing a relationship with the adoptive family before their baby is born. We support all types of adoption (fully open, semi open, closed) based on the desires of expectant parents and adoptive families. We carefully work with expectant parents and adoptive parents to identify their preferences.
Advantages for Expectant Parents in Working with an Agency
- At Adoption Associates, we are here for you. We understand your feelings, fears and questions during this difficult time. We will talk with you honestly about your options and provide you with resources to help you make the best decision for your child.
- Your caseworker will work closely with you to give you an understanding of the adoption process, determine the amount of contact you wish to share with the family and your child, provide emotional support, and talk with you about the plans you want for the hospital.
- We want to make sure that you and your baby are well cared for. We can help find a clinic or doctor, and file a Medicaid application.
- Our staff or the adoptive family can also assist you with transportation to appointments, or we can help you access community transportation in your area.
- Adoption Associates will be here for you throughout the adoption process.
Questions to Ask if you are Considering Working with an Attorney or Facilitator for a Private Adoption
- Are they reputable, licensed, and experienced in adoption? *
- Will they support and care for everyone involved in the adoption? **
- What kind of counseling is offered to expectant parents?
- Are they going to help with each step of the adoption process?
- Will they help to figure out just the right level of openness in adoption?
- What kind of post-adoption support do they offer?
- Will they be able to provide ALL services, or will you be left on your own to figure some things out?
- How supported and cared for will you be if things go wrong?
- How well do you understand ALL of the fees involved?
* Using ONLY a facilitator is illegal in Michigan.
** One attorney cannot represent both parties in an adoption.
Adoption is SO MUCH MORE than just a legal process! Expectant parents, adoptive parents, and adopted babies and children can ONLY be expertly, fully, and uniquely cared for by a local, reputable, licensed agency.
Contact Adoption Associates today to learn more about adopting in Michigan!